Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I hate Microsoft Word

Yesterday I used Microsoft Word to post to this blog. I formated the layout of the post and published it. But when I opened my browser and pointed it at here, the layout was awful... so I copied the post from word to a gmail message and send it...

The result was ok, for a moment... when I saw the source, I couldn't believe my eyes...
It was full of things like these:

<div class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span lang="EN-US" > In the past few days, I've been researching what is the best structure for a project.</span></div>

From this little example, I have a feeling that folks at the Word development team don't have a clue about CSS...

2 comments:

Sam said...

Dude!

You should know better than that ;-) using Word to post to the blog ? you nuts !?!? That means you never looked at the horendous HTML produced by MS apps ?? :-)

Here's what you should use:
-Firefox browser
-ScribeFire plugin

Check it out, and you'll never look back !
Abraços!

paipo said...

Hi Sam!!
I had the naive idea they had rewritten the code in Office2007... silly me...
I have used ScribeFire, but it misses something...